Here contains glimpses of my life (especially Jack, the 8 year old) and obsession with UNC Tarheel basketball!
Tuesday, August 29, 2006
Well, today is the second day of my week off. My first goal was to make a list of the many things that I want to accomplish this week. So, I began my list with #1: make a list. So far it's the only thing on the list. I did get some things done, so now I won't feel as productive when I finish everything on my list, b/c the things that I did today won't be on the list. Or should I go ahead and put them on the list and then savor the satisfaction of marking them off the list? I did take my neighbor, Whitney, out to lunch today. She's 19 and struggles with the many difficulties associated with being a former 26 weeker back before surfactant. I looked through a scrapbook that she did of her early years...boy was she on lots of steriods and home O2 until she was over a year old. She has a shunt and had hydrocephalus. Now, she drives a car, goes to school, and wants a nice boyfriend, like most 19 year olds. But there's lots of evidence of what she's been through. Some is positive, some negative. I started thinking about how we each have evidence of what we've been through, both positive and negative. I'm focusing on the positive today... But you don't walk through fire without some scars. Sometimes you want to talk about the scars, sometimes you don't. But they're there, evident, a part of your being. I'll keep you updated on my week & my list! Tarheel88
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment