Here contains glimpses of my life (especially Jack, the 8 year old) and obsession with UNC Tarheel basketball!



Saturday, July 12, 2008

Jack's Shirt Reads "Property of Tarheels"


Here's Jack doing his standing exercises with Chris...He's happy as long as he doesn't know he's actually standing. There's no fear and probably won't be for a while, I've heard.
Jack is slowly sleeping longer (now up to 10-11 hours at night) and we are very rested parents. Gone are the newborn days when you hope to sleep 3 straight hours. He looks so beautiful and peaceful when he's sleeping.
I'm starting to feel what other parents describe is a normal process....you start telling yourself that the long pregnancy wasn't that bad and the sleeplessness of the beginning was pretty short...it's a process of convincing yourself that yes, you could do this again, maybe. That's when I get a little sad, knowing, that Jack is an only child and each stage that passes is gone forever. Then I have a moment of anger & sadness b/c I know that infertility robbed me of having more than one child---in my 30's instead of my 40's. The feelings pass when I hear my Jack laughing from the family room, where Chris is feeding him his morning bottle. One is OK, I tell myself, especially at my age. I will want to say goodbye to Jack in 18 years as he goes to college because I will be closing the gap to retirement...Wow!

No comments: