Here contains glimpses of my life (especially Jack, the 8 year old) and obsession with UNC Tarheel basketball!



Thursday, August 28, 2008

It's Out, It's Out

Here's something that is always the highlight for me at end of August, the 08-09 UNC Basketball Schedule is out! http://tarheelblue.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/082608aaa.html You know, it's the beginning of my memorization of the player stats, awaiting the preseason rankings, planning my UNC beat Duke party, & analyzing the schedule line by line. This year, no one has shrunk an inch....like Ty Lawson did between the last 2 years. Two years ago, he was listed as 6 foot, and last year, he was listed as 5' 11"...how is that I ask myself? Well, I've recently been remeasured and low & behold, I'm not 5'4" anymore....I've shrunk to 5"3 1/2"...gravity has now compressed my spine by 1/2"! Well, Ty is about 21 years old, so he shouldn't be shrinking!

Read my lips..."2009 National Champions..will be the North Carolina Tarheels"

So when I go to work, I must ask for 2 very important vacation days...April 4, for the Final 4 and April 6, for the National Championship game...

Yes, yes, yes, I did cheer for the USA Olympic basketball team....even though, HE, Coach K was their coach. There was even a close up of his "rabbit" look...you know, when he's mad, he contorts his face and "appears" to look like a rabbit...with black-(fake)colored hair, no doubt.

What's wrong with Uncle Roy's gray locks? Nothing...it shows wisdom & experience....which will help him lead my boys all the way to Detroit, MI to be crowned National Champions!

No comments: