Here contains glimpses of my life (especially Jack, the 8 year old) and obsession with UNC Tarheel basketball!



Monday, August 10, 2009

Grand Salami

Jack on his potty...yes, it's discreet..we have a "mommy-invented" shield!

All smiles!
We are so in a great space right now. Jack is so fun and saying new words every day. Today he said birdhouse and called me Teresa twice. He's already been yelling "Chris" when he wants his attention (he is great at mimicking his mother)! He is happy & predictably busy but sleeps great at night (much to the delight of his tired parents)! Soon, he'll have 16 teeth all in, with only 2 yr molars to go. He loves to go outside and can go through fences in a flash! He loves books and can identify at least 20 pictures of animals. Chris taught him shark & he already knew fish but calls a shark a shark, so he knows the difference. Today we were working on zebra but half of the time, he still called it a horsey. But he said "stripes", so I was impressed.


I'm impressed most every day, actually. Today, was the 3rd day in a row that Jack peed on the potty before bath. I could go on & on about this, but I'm not trying to potty train him at all. I bought the potty after he started saying poop before he actually pooped and he was paying attention to the fact that he would pee in the tub every night. So, he's very happy with himself...especially with all my fanfare.


Having Jack is the best...we call him our grand slam (or salami)!



No comments: