Here contains glimpses of my life (especially Jack, the 8 year old) and obsession with UNC Tarheel basketball!



Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Successful Walk Now for Autism




Jack & I participated in the Seattle Walk Now for Autism in honor of my 7 year old nephew, Lance Stephen Sherbert of Stedman, NC.  It was held on the beautiful campus of the University of Washington campus on 10/3/09.  I taped Lance's picture on the stroller to honor him as we did the walk.  He is a hard working & sweet boy who I love very much.  I know I can't remove autism from his life, but I can help by raising money for autism research.  It was great to see other families and children affected by autism at the walk.  It was empowering to know...we're in this together!

I was able to raise $275!  A big thanks to Liz Lawrence, Tony & Joyce Hodges, Larry & Kathy Harless, Brenda Hubbard, & Loretta & Michael Myers.  I really appreciate your support!

No comments: