Officer Spud, always smiling
Yes, Jack received a Mr. Potato head for Christmas...my, haven't they come a long, long way (since the 70's). Now, there are so many PARTS! I remember one or two sets of eyes/ears & only one pair of black glasses. Yes, you do get to live through your child...I loved putting it together! Jack liked it too, but even though the box said, "2 years & up"...it was frustrating him to try to put the pieces in the small, little holes. So after our fun, I put it away to try again in a few months.
There is a problem when there are so many ACCESSORIES...he doesn't have a waist! So his belt, has to attach under his ears! He doesn't have a chest...so he has to hold his badge...#1 Spud!
We are in a very fun stage right now...language explosion! Jack does have a sweet, cooperative disposition (an easy temperment, I learned) but we still have plenty of "no" & "I not ...go night, night" or whatever else he doesn't want to do. I give him his 2 choices, both of which I can live with, and we go from there. Yes, we are his playmates..."Wanta play...trains?"...."Wanta build a house?"....We (or should I say, I) sing the ABCs alot and sometimes when he's playing for a few minutes alone, I'll hear part of the song...& he's pretty good too (since I can't carry a tune in a bucket)! The funniest thing that he says is "I've got to go potty."...he doesn't go potty yet though. I help him sit on the potty sometimes when he says it, but actually, he just wants to flush & wash his hands (aka play in the water)...oh well.
No comments:
Post a Comment