Here contains glimpses of my life (especially Jack, the 8 year old) and obsession with UNC Tarheel basketball!



Thursday, May 26, 2011

Finally, No Pictures of This One

I thought working on a tobacco farm was hard when I was 7.
I thought cleaning up after a hog house full of pigs was hard when I was 13.
I thought going away to college was hard when I was 17.
I thought being a burn nurse was hard when I was 22.
I thought moving 3000 miles away from home was hard when I was 30.
I thought being responsible for premature babies as a nurse practitioner was hard when I was 39.
I thought waiting 10 years to have a baby was hard when I was 41.

But being a parent of a toddler, takes the cake!

Yes, at almost 3.5 years old, Jack, finally pooped in the potty on 5/25!  Yes, we tried bribing him and he did receive the bucket of sand toys that he had picked out!  I don't think anything that we did, made any difference.  He is growing/developing in his own time and not on our schedule.  I am so SICK of changing poopy diapers, especially...after swimming.  Yes, if Jack needs to go, he is relaxed enough to go in his swimmy diaper.  I am the ONLY mother that I have ever seen changing a poopy swimmy!

So Jack, this is for you to know...when you read this, after you grow up....You are one awesome kid!  In so many ways, you have been so easy for your "older" parents....except for potty training!  I keep taking you to swimming b/c you love it so much, but I do not love changing a poopy swimmy diaper.  It is the one thing that turns my stomach & luckily, I always have an empty stomach when we are there.  So if you ever happen to be a competitive swimmer, I hope you will thank me, your mother, for not giving up on your ability to learn to poop in the potty!

By the way, grown up Jack...if you are ever constipated.....I know the best, natural treatment for you...go swimming!  HA, HA!

No comments: