Close up Kind of Love
So, this mostly neglected blog has been on my mind lately. I'm always putting other things first, especially my sleep. But in some quiet reflection time recently, it popped up again in my top ten things to get doing. Yes, I know, get doing, isn't proper English. I think less & less in Southern, but that's a hold out. Another one is "carry me to the store" instead of take me..he, he.
I'm not going to try to "catch up" because that feels way too overwhelming. I will put in some things from the past year. So without further delay.....drum roll......here's some thoughts....
My Mom came for a 2 week visit in June (it's never long enough) and as usual, we had an awesome time. I keep telling her that we could wind up in assisted living together! We talked, did some sightseeing, cooked some special dishes, walked & talked (at the same time), & generally hung out together. Jack had so much fun with his Nannie. It's great to have her visit us in our environment and see all that our life involves. When we go back to NC, we are on vacation, which a little different pace. Mom taught me to use a loom to crotchet and she made a green and white hat for Jack & Chris & I'm (almost) done with mine. I promise, before winter, I'll be done & we're going to have a really funny family picture in our matching hats.
Wow, that woman...she's a rock. Sometimes, I wonder how she took care of four kids, went to nursing school, worked on a farm, and still had lots of fun! She says it's because she was young (so is that my excuse?). I think part of it was she was as strong as she had to be & that's pretty strong. I so, so, so, love her. If I'm ever at a loss as to how to be a good mother to Jack, I think of her example and emulate her. So one day, he'll think of my example and smile!
|
No comments:
Post a Comment