So my birthday month ended without much ado and October started with a windy, rainy storm. I know there's a reason why this Evergreen state isn't more populated...the TERRIBLE weather. I try not to let it bother me too much, but every now & then, it does. I'm sure I'll feel better when I get to warm & sunny NC next week. Yes, in one week, I'll be hugging & kissing my parents, sisters, & nieces & nephews. Boy, I've missed them.
I'm trying to remember some of my gifts...there were some gift cards mailed, a bag of bread, peanut butter, jelly, & bananas to a woman holding a sign, "anything helps" near the grocery store, & a Starbucks gift card to a volunteer photographer who comes in to take professional photos of deceased babies. I also gave some intangibles--smiles, a listening ear, a word of encouragement, a few extra notes done for my oncoming coworker...I think my gifting ideas were just the beginning of a new philosophy in my eyes. I want to be able to look around my circle and really see the needs of others. I know I can make a difference---in other's lives and inside my own!
No comments:
Post a Comment