We've spent many hours there when Jack was younger and as he's gotten older, we go there less often. Recently when we were out & about, Jack asked to go to the brown park and we did. We are usually alone there, he & I. I'm not so fun to play with anymore, but I try, oh so hard. We watched a high school girl's soccer practice on the field. Jack threw back a loose ball. We went on our "hike" toward the golf course. Jack told me, "just wait here Mom, & watch me."....OK Jack, I was thinking, you need some alone time. Then as I looked at him, I knew I had it wrong...he has too much alone time. Poor only kid! Anyway, it's getting pretty difficult to get a great picture of Jack...but I was able to!
Here contains glimpses of my life (especially Jack, the 8 year old) and obsession with UNC Tarheel basketball!
Wednesday, November 13, 2013
The Brown Park
We've named all the parks based on color---so one of our most favorites is called the brown park (not surprisingly, the play equipment is brown!). The real name is Pete's Pool, even though, there's not a pool there anymore. But there is a neat play structure, a huge log activity center, an artificial turf football field, baseball field, lots of tall evergreens with a short walk toward the Enumclaw golf course. Rumor has it that this area was used by Gary Ridgeway for a "dumping" site, but that's another story.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment