Here contains glimpses of my life (especially Jack, the 8 year old) and obsession with UNC Tarheel basketball!



Friday, September 22, 2006

Birthday Month in Full Swing


The weekend celebration involved me & Mr. Tarheel having a 3 hour dinner at El Gaucho's. This is the place where you are escorted to the ladies room. This is the second year here for me on my birthday....I sense a tradition forming....Last year, I had a quick thought after entering the ladies room...are they waiting outside for me to come out? But, alas, they weren't.

So we had the same waiter as last year, Houston, who remembered me because of my accent. He's from guess where? Texas! I'm almost to 10 years of having no anonymity here...do you know what it's like for 5-10 times a week for someone to ask you where you're from? I take the responsibility seriously to represent my Southern heritage in a positive manner, but it can get old.

OK, back to the celebration dinner....I took a hiatus from my boycott of French products and we had a delicious bottle of French wine....there's one problem, though. I can't tell you how much I drank. There's the wine waiter, who is constantly spying on your wine glass and when it's about a 1/3 full, comes over and refills your glass. I did notice that my glass was getting filled much more than Mr. Tarheel's glass....hence his job as DD.

The ChateauBriand for 2 was delicious and the chocolate dessert with a candle on top was sweet. The best thing was no one sang to me or clapped...it was just a simple...Happy Birthday. I made my wish quickly and went on to becoming so stuffed that I was nauseaous on the way home. Luckily, I didn't upchuck the most expensive dinner that I've ever had!

I had spent some time thinking over my wish. Now wishes are not something to make on the fly. Some time and energy needs to go into exactly what you are wishing for. I'm not superstitious, so you're probably imagining now that I am going to tell you what I did wish for. In the past, I've had several years where I wished for my own special baby. I know everyone's baby is special, but the MY OWN are the key words here for me. No, I didn't wish for that again. I decided not to limit it to one specific thing, to make it broad, so hopefully becoming a mother will be included. I wished for this year to be the happiest year of my life....a true belly laughing, fantastically joyous year! Now it will be hard to surpass 1991, the year Mr. Tarheel & I fell in love....but I think it's possible. I'll keep you updated:0)

More news...my friend Sandy is out of the hospital & getting her chemo as an outpatient. Go to www.sandyshaw.blogspot.com to offer your words of encouragement & support.

Now, Miss Grace did not do her uterine bungy jumping routine on my day....I won't hold it against her b/c everyone needs their own special day. She made her sweet Mama wait until 9/15/06 @ 0537 to head out, without pain medicine, into this world. So my new niece is still a Virgo, so we'll see if that holds any weight to her personality. Everyone is doing well and there's going to be alot of hammering with my craft hammer as I'm making her birth announcements....a topic for another day.

Only 40 days to UNC basketball season....but who's counting......

No comments: