Here contains glimpses of my life (especially Jack, the 8 year old) and obsession with UNC Tarheel basketball!



Thursday, September 07, 2006

A New Beginning

There's a stillness over the early morning house. Mr. Tarheel and the big red dog are sleeping soundly, one underneath and one on top of the "cat-house" red duvey. The big moon is sinking. This is my favorite time of the day...early morning and my favorite activity is drinking my Sulawesi and looking out across the pasture. Today, marks the beginning of a new era....my 4th decade! Tonight, at precisely 1728 PST, I will turn 40. A milestone for me to celebrate & embrace. Dinner at El Gacho's, shopping, spending time with Mr. Tarheel. My life fits me like a beloved sweater...it feels just right, right now.

I just finished my 3 day work week, maybe I was wrong about work at home being more than work at work. Work at work isn't in my control, work at home is. It was a grab bag this week....reach in & see what you get. Sometimes I grabbed a irritating, frustrating experience (there's no pill for me to take for anger management), other times a beautiful, wonderful glimpse into the beginning of a new family. In 2 weeks, I will start doing some 24, no 25 hour shifts. Scarey, huh? Just a new opportunity for me to learn to pace myself.

For now, it's my beautiful 4 days off. The sun's up and the coffee cup is empty. Let the party begin!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Never heard of a blog-what is it. Nice to hear what's going on in your head but I swear sometimes you dye your blonde hair church of God black.. ha ha!! On my way to chicago. Looking for some relaxing!!!!!!! love ya, rara