Here contains glimpses of my life (especially Jack, the 8 year old) and obsession with UNC Tarheel basketball!



Sunday, October 15, 2006

A Dream Come True


Yesterday was one of the best days of my life.....now, that says alot, b/c I have lived throught 3 UNC national championships! Yes, let's give a hip, hip, hooray to one of the newest CRNAs in the world...my sister RaRa:)

Once upon a time, it began with a dream. A dream, not only to finish 3 college degrees, but to help people, get respect, while on the way to living one happy life. The beginning was hard because it involved delivering papers in the middle of the night while going to class and clinical during the day. And of course, there was a motherly presence always nearby. From a distance, she made it look easy. Then came working night shift, even through a hurricane, and helping people in the ER and ICU. The next part of the dream involved learning to jump through a seahawk flaming hoop, all while working through the night with first a broken and then a mended heart. Even though Hawaii wasn't meant to be, but loving a trucker and a four-legged son named Sam was. The dream continued and even rejection didn't deter her. Her determination grew. The transformation into a Gamecock was a slow process, filled with sleepless nights, and hours and hours of volunteer work. Inch by inch, she kept putting one foot in front of the other for months and months and months with little compliant and an occassional smile. She saw the finish line, the end of this era of stress. Then a monster appeared in the mail, and the last hurdle would have to be jumped again. How could this be, this detour from the completion of the dream. If there was doubt, she hid it well. The cheerleaders didn't doubt, but they did wish to see her big smile when she jumped that hurdle that would never have to be jumped again. Days and days passed with many hours of study and prayer, and the sign came again...the passing sign ...the end of the dream. The cheers from the east and west woke her up...for the dream came true. She had lived her dream...to be a CRNA and I know she will be the best one ever.

I love you RaRa!~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't know how I deserve such a special sister like you. I love you for exactly who you are and the great big heart you have. Thanks for all the love and support during my life. I don't think I could have made it with out you!!! I pray for all your dreams to come true.
I love you,
Rara