What excitement to begin the weekend with the comeback win over the USC Trogans! Oh to be so high & then fall so hard! Me, Tarheel88, wearing my blue wig and gameface glasses, screamed alot on Sunday afternoon. Screamed as each basket fell and as each Hoya fouled. Did you hear me in NC? Even Roy didn't take his glasses off during the first half! Then the end...the tragic end, when I had to mute the game & run to bury my head in my pillow. Even Tucker, the Tarheel dog, came to give a condolence lick. I couldn't watch as the shots didn't fall and the Hoya elation became nauseating. Don't worry, it's recorded and I'll be able to critique it later! Here's Adam Lucas' recreation of the walk back to the locker room....
http://tarheelblue.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/032507aab.html
The 2006-2007 season is over....I'll never see Reyshawn, Wes, & Dewey in that uniform again...a lump is forming in my throat. Don't cry boys! You'll be there every year, like Tarheel88, watching & living through the next team, & the next. They will always be YOUR team! Good luck with the rest of your life!
When people tell me this & that about my Heels...you know, the naysayers...I give a brief chuckle and say, it's OK...there's only 8 months left before the beginning of next season! I will always support my team, winning or losing. It's a proven fact that the year we won only 8 games, I still watched all the games (usually muted) and I'm no different when I believe we could be National Champions! Now that's what being a #1 fan is all about!
No, I didn't paint my body blue and run amongst the calves, wearing only my bathing suit! But I did ask anyone who would listen....Guess where Duke is right now? Guess what Coach K is doing? WATCHING US ON TV!
Go Tarheels!
No comments:
Post a Comment