Here contains glimpses of my life (especially Jack, the 8 year old) and obsession with UNC Tarheel basketball!



Sunday, October 17, 2010

Saltwater State Park



Despite cool temperatures, Mom allowed Jack to go barefoot!  You don't get viruses from cold feet, huh?

Action shot of Jack running back from the "little" waves

A rocky, log jam shore on one side of the park

A true Northwesterner...loves cold, wet sand!  As long as it's sunny here, we never complain about being cold or wet!


No bucket or shovel but we always have our hands, right?


What's this, Mom?  Picking up partially buried shells.

We made a recent trip to a local site in Des Moines, WA...Saltwater State Park.  On a sunny, "I'm not going to take a nap day" for Jack...we went for a local adventure.  While September was wet & cloudy...so far, October has been gloriously sunny (as compared to average).

The beauty of the Puget Sound coastline is second to none!  Wow...is all I can say. 

Jack doesn't mind cool wet feet & walking in the sand.  There were a few squeals of protest when I had to dry him off & change wet pants in the back of the car.  But I couldn't say no to him walking in the water & sand.  We had a ball! 

No comments: