Here contains glimpses of my life (especially Jack, the 8 year old) and obsession with UNC Tarheel basketball!



Saturday, October 16, 2010

Wandering Blogger, Found


Jack--2 years, 10 months
Looking up into the sun is a learned skill here in the Northwest!

Carson & Jack on a hay ride at the Pumpkin Patch
"Little Brook & Little Teresa"

There have been many blog posts started in my head of late.  There have been non-repeatable responses to computer & camera problems.  And of course, there have been many wonderful days of having fun with Jack, watching him grow & change, and working through the inevitable challenges of being & parenting a 2-year old.

I won't be able to say 2 year old much longer...Jack will be 3 in a mere six weeks.  Where has the time gone?  When I look in the mirror, I choose not to focus on the tired & wrinkled eyes of a 44 year old mother of a toddler...my gaze gravitates toward the sparkle, the twinkling in my eyes as I look at Jack & feel the happiness & gratefulness in my heart for him.

Borrowing from Dr. Suess----Thing # 1  (The Good)
  1. Jack now goes to (gasp) daycare every Thursday & Friday.  The gasp was totally from me, not Jack.  He loves going to play & learn and he has surprised us by actually taking a nap on a mat on the floor.  Wow, I have had a glimpse into my future life when Jack won't need me.  It felt both liberating & lonely.  I accomplished so much on my to-do list.  I read a book while I was slowly eating my lunch.  But about every 5-10 minutes, I thought of him.  This will have it's own post very soon!
2.  Jack takes swimming lessons with Miss Kristen on Tues/Thurs evenings.  He is in the Penguins class and he loves to swim underwater.  The kids stand on a table and he actually tried to swim around the other kids, under the water.  I foresee a future scuba diver, which makes Chris very happy.

Thing # 2 (The Not-So-Good)

1.  Jack has no interest in potty training.  Doing my research (as everyone who knows me, would expect), I am not alarmed.  Only 50% of boys are potty trained when they turn 3 years old.  We put him on the potty a couple of times a day and most of the time he says & I quote, "there's no pee in there"!

2.  Swimming, as fun as it is for Jack, is not so fun for Mom.  There is something about swimming that relaxes Jack enough to poop & this is on a regular basis, at least 50% of the time.   There is only 1 thing that has ever turned my stomach as a mother & that is changing a poopy swimmy diaper.  TMI (too much information!)  Enough said.

More, more, more...very, very, soon!


No comments: