Here contains glimpses of my life (especially Jack, the 8 year old) and obsession with UNC Tarheel basketball!



Thursday, June 30, 2011

Sisterly Love

Jack's silly smile + my sister, Wendy

Jack & I went for a family & beach visit to NC...we had lots of time for hugs, talks, and fun, with my side of the family.  My sister Wendy had a scary (unanticipated) health crisis & I was able to be there, in person, for a change.  When you live far away & emergencies occur, it is difficult not to be there to hold a hand, give a hug, wipe a tear, or even paint some toenails!  I so wish Wendy had not gotten sick, but I'm glad I was there.

She is a strong woman who I remember as a brown-eyed, bald, beautiful baby who came into my world when I was 2 1/2 years old.  We shared a room together until I left for college and have a sister & friend connection that is deep & forever.

I'll always love you, my dear sister & hope that you will continue to heal & recover quickly & get back to your "old" self soon!

No comments: