Here contains glimpses of my life (especially Jack, the 8 year old) and obsession with UNC Tarheel basketball!



Friday, August 19, 2011

Summer Interruptus

Jack feeding a giraffe @ Woodland Park Zoo

Dinosaur exhibit featured a T Rex...of course, Jack wanted to touch him but was deterred by his roar & small ropes!


Riding Greg, the camel....ALL BY HIMSELF!  Last year, when I saw the lack of seat belts (now how, would you really put seat belts on the back of a camel)...I rode the camel with him.  This year, he told me he was big enough to do it alone.

Jack wanted face paint & he has a favorite---a kitty!  So Jack, the kitty, it was!
I heard that we had had 78 minutes of summer thus far, meaning 78 minutes of temperatures above 80 F.  Well, my bones & joints are Southern and that just doesn't seem hot enough, but we have done a great job of extracting every little bit of heat/fun out of our cool summer thus far.  Jack & I headed to Seattle to the Woodland Park Zoo, his first visit.  The attraction...the dinosaur exhibit.  It was a great day & Jack slept all the way home!

Now on to Tarheel matters...I'm anxiously awaiting the release of the schedule.  Some pre-season announcements have been made including a trip to the Las Vegas Invitational & an invitation to play the first NCAA game on an aircraft carrier...YIPPEE!  The roster has been released and I am busy quizzing myself on names/numbers/height/weight/hometown.  I am the proudest of our only 7 foot player...senior Tyler Zeller.  He has successfully bulked up his previously skinny little body and will certainly be an inside presence.  Thank you Tyler for all those steaks/potatoes & weight lifting you did for the team over the last 4 years!  Oh yeah, he'll for sure be a sought after future NBA star....check out the UNC 2011-12 Roster

Don't hold your breath, but I'll try to be back before a month passes!  Toodle-a!

No comments: