Here contains glimpses of my life (especially Jack, the 8 year old) and obsession with UNC Tarheel basketball!



Sunday, August 28, 2011

Camping at Cape Disappointment

Climbing trees @ camp ground


Navigating the driftwood
We're going to build a sand castle!
I can climb over this all by myself!
Almost there...
Our beautiful beach...
A first attempt at a sand castle...

Above our beach
Jack's first camping trip was a success (according to him!).  He was interested in helping set the tent up, build a fire (watching, at this point), roasting marsh mellows, sleeping in the tent, climbing trees, riding his bike, building sand castles, and playing on the beach.  It takes work on our part, but making memories is always worth it!  

Top Ten Things Said on the Camping Trip
  1.  Me to Chris...What...you forgot the air mattress, & we are sleeping on the GROUND!  I only woke up 20 times in 9 hours but felt OK after some instant Nescafe coffee!
  2. Where's Jack?  In a tree, I responded.
  3. What's that noise?  Sounds like animals fighting...2 raccoons were fighting over a can of Sunkist!
  4. Why is it so cold at this beach?  Jack to me...well, son, we have to accept the mighty Pacific Ocean for what it is...a cold ocean that isn't good to swim in!
  5. Let's build another sand castle (after we had done about 100).
  6. Thank you Chris for cooking a gourmet meal that Paula Dean would envy...grilled tri-tip, grilled asparagus, grilled tomatoes topped with cheese, & black beans...Wow, eating out in the wilderness is GOOD!
  7. I need 50 cents for 3 minutes of hot water!  I guess, I need a dollar then, b/c I need at least 6 minutes to take a shower!
  8. Chris to Jack & I at bedtime...Breathe in through your mouth, down your back, up through your stomach & out of your mouth...I was asleep after 2 breaths.  It took Chris another hour to get Jack to sleep!
  9. Can I climb that rock?  No.
  10. How long will it take you to pack up camp while I sit here & relax?  Me to Chris:)  Gotta love camping!





No comments: