Here contains glimpses of my life (especially Jack, the 8 year old) and obsession with UNC Tarheel basketball!



Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Let the Good Times Roll

Future scuba diver--Jack can snorkel at age 3 1/2...staying under to pick up things from the bottom of the pool.

Summer fun!

The Myers' family--chalk art fun.
Over and over, my mind replays the moment of Jack's birth.  So anticipated, so deserved, so surreal.  It seems so long ago and so many wonderful memories have been made since.  Fast forward to today...here are some interesting or funny things that Jack has said lately...

  1. I'd like to be the letter I.  Why? I ask.  Because I already am the letter I.
  2. I'd like something green with seeds for breakfast.  What?  I ask, half asleep.  He's never been given a kiwi, I think.  A pickle, he responds.
  3. What kind of scarecrow would you like?  I ask.  He responds, a girl.  So a girl scarecrow was found, luckily.
  4. Off with your head...LOUD as he flings his vorpal sword back and forth.  What are you doing?  I ask.  Killing the jaberwoccky, like in Alice in Wonderland.  OK, I say.  But that sword will go in time out if you hurt a person or a dog.  OK, he says.  Minutes later, Tucker runs from him.  The sword spends the rest of the day on top of the frig.
  5. Look, Mt. Reindeer is so big.  Mt. Rainier, I say.  Yes, Mt. Rainier.
  6. When will God take away the clouds?  Jack asks.  In February, when we go to Hawaii, I respond.  OK.
  7. I love everybody that gives me candy.  How about when I don't give you candy?  I ask.  Silence.
  8. Let's go, I'm ready to leave.  As he is running through the house naked. 

No comments: