Here contains glimpses of my life (especially Jack, the 8 year old) and obsession with UNC Tarheel basketball!



Sunday, September 25, 2011

A Boy With Many Talents

Jack helped bake a chocolate cake.
Licking the frosting...Tucker is eating from the table in the background...caught in the act!

Frosting complete.

Jack's job is putting sprinkles on the cake.

Sprinkles are done, so Jack is cleaning up around the cake.

Jack cut his own piece...a little big.

Everyone who knows me well, knows that I am not a cook or a baker.  I sometimes feel bad about that but actually, I don't have much interest or aptitude for it either.  I'm not going to say who, but I've been told (& it was true) that I can't boil water.  But since I want Jack to have fun memories of me, I helped him bake a cake (from a box, nonetheless).  I followed the directions explicitly.  It actually worked & tasted good!  Jack loved doing the decorating.  So, if my future daughter-in-law is reading this (25 years from now)....I'm doing my part to teach my son to be a well rounded man!

No comments: