The uninterrupted one on one time with Jack is amazing... about 80% of the time. I have that 80/20 rule in lots of areas of my life. So we went to see the movie, Pan....he had wanted to see if for the month that it was out. It's an interesting & realistic take on the prequel to Peter Pan. So Jack asks to go look in Petco at the bearded dragons. He can identify the sex (I didn't ask & neither should you). He told the gal that came over to help us that he was getting one in 3 weeks when it was his birthday. He tells the clerk that his Dad is getting it for him.
Now, I never validate with a yes or a no anything that my co-parent is going to do. I tell Jack to talk to his Dad about it. He said they "talked about it". While I'm in the Starbucks drive through, Jack starts to get upset about wanting to go to his Dad's 'to make everything alright'. I ask, would you like to call Dad when we get home. He doesn't but he cries for a few minutes because he doesn't know if Daddy will 'remember' his birthday. I tell him that Daddy will never, ever forget his birthday but that it's between him & Daddy if he gets a bearded dragon as a gift. I cry silently up front & pray for wisdom and the right words. I say nothing for a few minutes & change the subject. It works. We continue on with our wonderful evening.
I really hope he's getting a bearded dragon for his birthday.



No comments:
Post a Comment