Here contains glimpses of my life (especially Jack, the 8 year old) and obsession with UNC Tarheel basketball!



Saturday, January 17, 2009

Early Morning

Jack likes balls, yes throwing balls. He's not that accurate yet...but we are starting off with tennis balls which may be hard enough for a boy to break something!
On a cold dark morning, I'm typing softly. I hear Jack talking in his crib. He's awake, but I don't want him to know that I'm awake. It's 6 something AM. Jack is a morning person, like his mother. He's happiest in the morning. Sometimes, he goes back to sleep for an hour. A glorious hour...all you mothers of young kids know why I use the word glorious. A free hour!
It's been 3 minutes since he's said anything. A couple more minutes and I'll know that he is back asleep. I'm half way through my cup of coffee, so it really doesn't matter either way. I only need a few minutes to wake up and I'm ready to get going on my day.
Tonight is UNC vs Miami. Listen carefully, off in the distance, you may hear a happy, southern scream as we are winning...that will be from 6-8 PST!
It's been 5 minutes now...YIPPEE...he's asleep, what will I do with myself?

No comments: