Here contains glimpses of my life (especially Jack, the 8 year old) and obsession with UNC Tarheel basketball!



Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Finally Eating Bananas

Actually holding a banana
& taking a bite of it~

You might be wondering what is so significant about eating bananas..they are healthy and most people like them...well....Mr. Jack took about 50 attempts to even keep some in his mouth. I had to tell myself over & over...it is not my "job" to have Jack like bananas or even eat healthy. My job as a mother (& director of nutrition) is to OFFER healthy foods. So offer I did. Over & over & over. At least 50 times. That took lots of patience and saying to him...so you didn't eat any of your bananas...that's OK, maybe next time. I would let him see me eating banana and make yum yum sounds...to tease him. It finally worked...one day, lo & behold, he actually walked over to me to take a bite of my banana.

So, I've been rewarded...he actually likes to bite the banana and even hold them now. Next we'll work on teaching him to peel his own. Tucker was my 4 legged helper through all this...he is one dog who loves banana!



No comments: