It was a hot day, this past Saturday, August 14, for the Walk Now for Autism Speaks...90 degrees! The walk venue was the Seattle Center, in downtown, with the Space Needle in the background. Thank you, thank you, thank you to those who supported me---I reached my goal of raising $250!
Have you ever been in a place where there are thousands of strangers, but you are all there because of a single reason, and that alone creates a connection? As I heard the speakers, teachers, therapists, parents, & a teenager with Autism speak, my heart ached for a cure! I've progressed, I'm not asking God the question Why? anymore. Notwithstanding a cure; education, research, advocacy, & support are all the reasons why I support Autism Speaks. Oh yes, the biggest reason...my deep love for my sister April, mother to Lance, who has autism!
 |
| My nephew--Lance Sherbert--my Hero! Since he was back in NC & I was out in WA, I took his picture with me. |
 |
| Jack holding Lance's picture on the Autism Speaks stage. |
 |
| "Under the Tail of a Whale"--Jack & I were taking a break to get wet on our 90 degree walk. The Seattle Center has neat attractions like this. |
 |
| Watching the water at the Seattle Center fountain! Our city's icon...The Space Needle in the background. |
 |
| Attached to the stroller--a picture of my sister April & her kids, Lance, Zackery, & Grace! |
No comments:
Post a Comment