Here contains glimpses of my life (especially Jack, the 8 year old) and obsession with UNC Tarheel basketball!



Thursday, August 12, 2010

Wow! He's Beautiful!

Jack, our beautiful, beautiful boy
2 years, 8 months

So Jack & I went to NC, without Daddy.  He had to stay home to work, have some uninterrupted sleep, & no poop patrol while we were off having family & beach fun.  We had a 5 day "vacation" at the Mrytle Beach, SC resort called Dunes Village Resort with my sisters, cousins, aunt, & parents.  I put the word vacation in quotation marks, b/c supervising a 2 year old around water is definitely not relaxing.  But fun!

When I return from my regular visits from the south, it's very sad & I have to remind myself (over & over) why I don't live closer to treasured family.  Looking at the half full cup, instead of the half empty one...tells me that the concentrated time we spend together is not taken for granted & enough to show Jack the intensity of love despite distance!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Still wish you lived closer!! Emmalee and William loved playing with Jack. Living across the country just will require more visits to NC as Jack gets older. Love you and miss you already!!! RARA

The CineBlog said...

I like your definition of "concentrated time" - that was very eloquently put :)

And you have my sympathy in regards to toddler patrol around water - why do they have to be so fearless?! lol