Here contains glimpses of my life (especially Jack, the 8 year old) and obsession with UNC Tarheel basketball!



Saturday, August 01, 2015

Amputation

My Dad recently lost blood flow to his right foot & the vascular surgeon could only open up the vessel to the mid-calf.  My Dad's foot started dying so to save his life from infection, his foot had to be amputated.  What a blow!  

He's doing great now physically & emotionally!  He's in a rehab center, doing therapy 3 X a day.  He will get a prosthetic leg but his stump must heal completely before he can walk on it.  He can move himself from the bed to his wheelchair on his own & getting stronger.  I miss him but hope to visit around the holidays.  He will be home by them.

My amputation was emotional, I still have both legs & arms.  My stump is healing but not ready yet to bear weight.  I am finding inspiration to write about my journey.  

No comments: