Every day is a new adventure and yesterday, we were off to one of our rare shopping trips to Babies*R*Us. I think I've spoken about this before, in my past infertile life, but for an infertile, going to this mega store is like a knife in the heart. When I was pregnant, it was mostly about feeling overwhelmed about deciding how much baby equipment and supplies to register for or buy.
Now, I'm one of the "other" types of people in the store...the mothers with the lists, the diaper bags, the intermittently ignored, whining baby...securely strapped in, of course. The women on a time-constrained mission. There is no browsing in my life. There is a baseline sense of urgency that permeates, even my creativity for blog posting (yes, it's 0544 in the morning, and I am enjoying a leisurely cup of coffee)....
So here we were....I saw other mothers there....there were brand new ones, who I had a very kind smile for...the smile that says, I know what you are going through and yes, despite your weariness, the love you have for your baby will get you through the long newborn days. The toddler mothers had a different smile for me...one that says, just you wait, when your son can scream "NO" louder than any other child.
We tried the new bath tub seat but Jack's not so sure about that one...I think he prefers to lay back so he can kick. Plus, he didn't want anything to do with the strategically placed whale that I needed to use to be discreet during his photo shoot.
Summer's here in the Northwest!~ Thanks to everyone who doesn't live here, but keeps up with our weather for us....you know who you are....celebrate with us when it's warmer than 60, but we don't have to keep discussing our rain for the rest of the 8 months of the year. The rain gets long and old and until you have been here, done that, you probably won't realize how we really don't want to keep talking like a broken record about the gray, wet weather.
Oh, by the way, Jack got hot yesterday for the first time in his life. Yes, really, hot...like sweating. He screamed, so I don't think he liked it. But he likes air conditioning...that lucky boy!
No comments:
Post a Comment