Here contains glimpses of my life (especially Jack, the 8 year old) and obsession with UNC Tarheel basketball!



Friday, May 02, 2008

Quack Quack Jack



Here's Jack in his thick, soft, Duck towel...after Mr. Tarheel gave him a nice long bath. He loves to put his 1st/2nd fingers in his mouth now and he's drooling constantly. I never knew a baby could drool through so many bibs in one day. I bought some of the water proof ones and they work better. No teeth yet...but Jack loves to put a cold teether in his mouth.

Here's some things Jack's doing now:
  1. He's sleeping 8-10 hours a night with at least 2 naps a day...YIPPEE!
  2. He found his ears and pulls on them sometimes...like, WOW, what's this? I looked into them with my otoscope (yes, I bought an otoscope, so I would know when to take him in if he gets an ear infection)...his ear drums are perfect....like the rest of him.
  3. Some hairs on the top of his head are growing...I can comb it over and my boy looks so OLD. I'm already missing the new baby fuzz look. The hair over his ears is touching his ears now.
  4. Tummy time is still a struggle....I let him go until he lets out a ear-piercing, horror movie scream...then I give in and turn him over....of course, I'm right there, trying to play with him...but usually to no avail.
  5. He's 5 months old tomorrow.....I can't believe it is passing so quickly. A year ago, on 5/3/07, we saw Jack's heart beating for the first time....so one year ago today, I was a ball of nerves. A year has passed and my life is grand!

Mothers (Day) Month began yesterday...yes, I'll be celebrating for a month. An entire month, I say...because after so long of being a "Wanna-be mother"...I'm actually, yes, a mother. Some special people send me mother's poems/emails and of course...I usually cry. It (motherhood) is so much more (of many things) than I ever imagined.....I'm working on getting Mr. Tarheel on board for Mother's month...I've tried to entice him with promises for his Father's month..so we'll see how much celebration is in store for me.

You know there's usually a song in my head...and today's song is...Celebration...you know, by Kool & the Gang...I danced to this at my prom. Yes, the prom that I went to with my cousin....now that is a whole other posting...

There's a party going on 'round here,

A celebration, to last throughout the year

So bring your good times

And your laughter too

Cause we're going to celebrate this party with you

Come on, Celebrate good times, Come on

Maybe, that's right because I didn't look it up...that's how it is in Tarheel88's mind....

No comments: