Here contains glimpses of my life (especially Jack, the 8 year old) and obsession with UNC Tarheel basketball!



Sunday, May 25, 2008

We Remember--Memorial Day 2008

Old Glory against the beautiful Northwest Sky!



All gave some, but some gave all...Jack & I took a drive today to Tahoma National Cemetery...the resting place for many, many heros. We walked around section 7, reading the stones....I had researched the location for SFC Nathan Ross Chapman...killed in action on 1/4/02. I remember seeing the picture of him and his family in the paper taken shortly before his deployment...I pledged never to forget his and his family's sacrifice.

We saw a 2nd Ranger Bn scroll & I remembered my year in Savannah, GA when Mr. Tarheel was there....

We ran across another hero...a police hero....
King County Sheriff's Deputy Richard Herzog was killed in the line of duty on 6/22/02 and was retired Army Special Forces. Jack & I only had one flag to leave..so we left it here....remembering...& thankful for their sacrifice.





No comments: