Here contains glimpses of my life (especially Jack, the 8 year old) and obsession with UNC Tarheel basketball!



Sunday, May 11, 2008

There's Nothing Like a Mother & Her Son





Today's one of those days long hoped for, long dreamed about. The first Mother's Day of a new Mom....For so long, I was only a Mom-Wanna-be...Now, b/c of patience, perserverence, lots of money, and Jack...I am a Mom! Motherhood is so many things that I knew it would be, and so many other things that I never even considered. I knew I would have my Ah-Ha moments...that I had finally arrived at my destination or the end of a long, hard journey. I never dreamed of the ferocity or intensity of the love that you have for your child. I didn't consider the endurance and hard work that's required of motherhood. I never knew it would be so fun!


Jack rolled over (from tummy to back) on Friday...you know, of course, it was while I was at work and he was with Mr. Tarheel. Jack hasn't enjoyed tummy time very much but Mr. Tarheel put him down under his "gym" and he immediately rolled over, and over, and over...a total of 3 times. Now, I tried to get him to do it the next day....he would just look up at me, like in the picture above, and laugh and laugh and laugh. So much for Jack trying to impress his mother. I'll have to wait for him to get a little older to encourage him to perform his tricks after I get home from work!


No comments: