Here contains glimpses of my life (especially Jack, the 8 year old) and obsession with UNC Tarheel basketball!
Sunday, August 05, 2007
The Apple Has a Stem
August 1st came & went and we had our anatomy screen of the baby. Beginning several days before, I started feeling more and more both excited and nervous. I knew if an anomaly was identified, I would have a new set of concerns...but I keep telling myself that it is a 98% chance for everything being healthy. I prayed alot and was unusually calm (some denial mixed in too). I told Karen, our ultrasound technician, that I took care of sick babies....she responded with "I know your type" and then smiled. She was great to tell us what she was looking for and then a "normal" afterwards. The baby was moving around alot and kicking, with hands by the mouth...it was great to see. Mr. Tarheel smiled really big. All measurements/growth/everything was reported as "normal". I'll see the written report when I go see Tracy on Wednesday. As she was scanning down the abdomen, Karen asked, "would you like to know the gender?". We said yes, together. The image was perfectly clear...a boy! We're so happy & can start calling him by his name....Jack Christopher!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment