There are so many different ways to count time...we celebrate years on our birthdays, months until the next season or vacation, days until Friday, hours until the alarm goes off, minutes during sports events, and seconds during pain. Today, I'm 22 weeks and I'm counting the weeks until Jack has the possibility of being a healthy baby. Of course, I still pray for a healthy term baby, but my compromise would be just a healthy pre-term baby. Yesterday was another doc visit, this time with Dr. Tracy. As always, she was the picture of reassurance and calmness. She reviewed my BP readings--about 4 a day anywhere from 130-164/70-86 and said, yes, you have gestational hypertension, let's start you on labetolol. I like ACTION! This will lower my BP and so far has made me very drowsy. That's OK, I have plenty of time for naps.
She wants to be conservative and have me not work until this is resolved. She reiterated that my chances for pre-eclampsia are higher now but with the next breath said, "but you don't have it now. We are at the beginning of our treatment ability for this, so just go home and rest. " I told her that I had done some research of my own and she said for me to remember that I don't have the context to put it in, so don't get my tail feathers ruffled. Next visit will be in 1 week on 8/24 and we'll have an ultrasound to check Jack's growth before the visit since high BP can decrease growth in the baby.
Mr. Tarheel is just learning about all this and is processing it pretty fast. Tucker likes to have me around all the time. I went on the library website and requested lots of books and movies from Netflix. I'm going to pick up some yarn and start on a baby blanket for Jack. That's a great activity during the Mariner's games. Luckily for me, they are playing 44 out of the next 45 days. I'll try to read the recommended Bleak House by Charles Dickens. I'm sure I'll not have time for any Dickens in the next few years!
No comments:
Post a Comment