Here contains glimpses of my life (especially Jack, the 8 year old) and obsession with UNC Tarheel basketball!



Friday, November 02, 2007

Cautious Optimism

Today was another regular OB visit...another one with Dr. Megan, since Dr. Tracy is on vacation. We started with nurse Stacey and the non-stress test..monitoring the heart rate, looking for reactivity. Jack was passing with flying colors (especially after my apple juice) until nurse Stacey thought his heart rate dropped to the 80's. I thought it was my heart rate but Dr. Megan wanted to make sure, so we kept monitoring for a full hour and it never happened again. Nothing to worry about, they say. Now I can go back to my regular worries of global warming and who will win this weekend's NFL match-ups...

Dr. Megan is a good mix of humor and expertise....she checked out the amount of amniotic fluid and it's a little lower but still normal (in the normal range, but decreasing:). She said...you might make it to term (hopeful optimism).... & I started to laugh. Mr. Tarheel asked me, why are you laughing? I thought, I never in my wildest dreams actually believed that I would make it to term. I mentally prepared for the worst case scenario and it looks like it's not going to happen. I'm starting to feel more & more lucky (cautious optimism). Tomorrow is 33 weeks and this is the week on the outcome statistics that I have been waiting for....100% survival without severe sequela.

It's hard for me to believe that he's almost here. I have so much more to do...I don't have much stamina/energy to do much each day. We have to get the nursery ready...I don't have any diapers! I don't even know what kind to buy....I still have my goal of Dec 1---37 weeks....only 28 days to go.

No comments: