- I have a new diagnosis: macrosomia or large for gestational age (LGA). Jack's estimated weight for 35 3/7 weeks is 7 lb 11oz. Wow! The accuracy is within 10-15%, so maybe it's a little lower:) Everything else on the ultrasound is "normal" and they checked again...he's still a boy! So high BP hasn't affected his growth...yippee. Don't worry, I'm not going to start smoking now to lower his birth weight a little!
- Yes, I'm the puffiest patient around with weight gain to prove it. I'm scratching my head wondering how much can my body take....maintaining homeostasis must come at some price but my skin isn't splitting yet.
- Platelets are dropping...now at 132K...down from 157k since Friday, but only down from 146K from a week ago. Next appointment/labs are Monday, 11/26 at 36 2/7 weeks. BP doing "OK" with some readings 160's/mid-90's but with rest, comes down to 150's/80's. Dr. Tracy said no more increase on BP med b/c at this point, it won't extend the pregnancy & we'll consider delivery at a platelet count of 100K. So yes, I'll have my suitcase with me on Monday for the appointment...
- Sleep quality is deteriorating....Mr. Tarheel is now sleeping in the guest room and even Tucker has joined him. But he still wakes up to listen for my snoring and if he doesn't hear it, he comes in to check on me.
Thanks for all the calls, cards, and emails of support...it's very nice and encouraging. I know I can do it but it's so much easier with all the wonderful support!
No comments:
Post a Comment