Here contains glimpses of my life (especially Jack, the 8 year old) and obsession with UNC Tarheel basketball!



Sunday, October 14, 2007

Now, it's 30 weeks!

Yippee, instead of my lips starting to say TW (for twenty), now they can form TH (for thirty) and this is the phonetic sound that I will be making when I describe when Jack is born.....Yes, it's 30 weeks & 97% survival without severe sequela. That number is so high, we don't have to think anymore about survival with sequela because that's not going to happen!

Sometimes, time passes so slow...like the school clock in Risky Business (email me if you know what I'm talking about), that I sometimes think the clock is tricking me by ticking backwards. Then other times, I look at the pregnancy ticker and think, oh no, I have too much to do to get ready for this boy. There are too many books to read, too many movies to watch, more photo albums to do, birth announcements, Christmas cards, the nursery to set up....on & on. But then this old(er) pregnant body does the talking....telling me to rest after only about 5 minutes of anything unless I'm sitting/reclining. When this is over, my drive to move is going to take over and I'm going to be able to get things done.

But then again, I imagine that I'll be sitting for hours, staring into his face, feeling so thankful for this blessing named Jack.

No comments: