Here contains glimpses of my life (especially Jack, the 8 year old) and obsession with UNC Tarheel basketball!



Friday, October 05, 2007

Doctor's order: More Rest

Yesterday was another appointment with Dr. Tracy. We're really getting to know each other well....after Jack is born, who will listen to all my aches & pains and help me solve all my problems?

None of my BPs are "dangerous" but they are trending up with even less activity...so more rest is in order. She entertained the idea of increasing the medicine again but with rest, my BP is normal and can't go any lower. She did the PIH labs again, so I'll find out those results today. My measurement went up 1 cm and is supposed to go up 2 in 2 weeks---so before the next appointment, I'll have another growth ultrasound. Maybe I heard her differently when she said things like..."He's not going to be a VLBW baby....hopefully, we'll get to the middle 30's gestation, and get ready for him..." Am I imagining things or is she preparing me for a preterm birth?

Dr. Tracy said the obvious...you can't go back to work while you're pregnant...duh! I needed to be told because there was a sliver of hope left in me. It had dwindled significantly when I stopped by work on my way over to my appointment (the buildings are connected with a skybridge). First of all, just getting ready for work and getting there would skyrocket my BP and the activity required there wouldn't definitely be too much....so I must adjust! It will be there, with it's joys & stresses, after Jack...

Excuse me, I must go rest....

No comments: