This morning, early, before the clouds came up, I woke up Tucker (he's not a morning dog) and shouted---29 WEEKS today! He looks at me, wondering, what is all the excitement about? I ask forgiveness for the early arousal by giving him a new toy---a toy gorilla that makes gorilla sounds when it's squeezed. He's a fast learner....I only demonstrate it once and he's off to his spot and the house sounds like a jungle for the next 10 minutes. Enough time for me to make my coffee (decaf, of course) and sit down for my first rest break of the day.
Yes, the outcome data for 29 weeks is up to 97% survival and 93% without severe sequela....every day still counts because it means less time in the hospital and faster discharge. But of course, my goal is for him to come home with me--full-term! I'm starting to wonder how it will be to see him and take care of him! It's like waiting for Christmas to come when you're a kid...the anticipation is growing!
No comments:
Post a Comment