Early in my pregnancy, when everything was "normal", including my BP...I had a dream that Jack would be born at 32 weeks. The next day, I went to work and we had five 32 week admissions...2 sets of twins and a singleton. That was weird but hopefully not prophetic. In my dream, I remember that Jack needed CPAP and one of my co-workers was giving me the RDS (respiratory distress syndrome) speech...like I've done so many times before. Mr. Tarheel was there, standing, and I was sitting in a wheelchair. I told him to sit down b/c he was pale. I turned and told my co-worker that I'd like them to intubate Jack and give him the survanta anyway. Then I woke up. In my dream, I wasn't emotional just my usual opinionated self. I see these "older" premies that need CPAP and believe they breath and eat better, faster, with a dose of survanta. Hopefully, this meant nothing....
But, I am concerned b/c I'm getting weaker, more swollen, more short of breath, and my world continues to shrink as I go from the bed to the couch and back again. Good news...my BP is still under 160/100--the magic numbers for possibly going into the hospital for more aggressive treatment. We're holding on...
No comments:
Post a Comment