Today is a good day...my first goal reached--28 weeks! Hip, hip, hooray! 95% survival!!!! Back in the middle of August when my BP first went up, I kept looking at today's date on the calendar, hoping & praying that Jack would not be born in September. Here it is the end of September and everything is stable...no signs of preeclampsia and acceptable BPs on higher labetalol and lots of sitting around.
My nephew Lance once said, as he was buckled in his car seat, "I'm stuck!". I don't have a choice but to be a cooperative, compliant patient but the energy required to stay sane is increasing. If my thoughts turn south, I know to call someone who is a positive force and even discussing a new recipe or a recent cold will divert my attention. Mr. Tarheel, who isn't a talker, calls several times a day from work and helps distract me & keeps up with my BP. My attention span is decreasing and I've stopped looking at the clock so much. It doesn't matter what time it is to me anymore, except to take my medication. I use the sun for that...sun comes up..take my pills, sun goes down, take my pills...
I'm sure this is just the beginning of putting Jack's needs before mine. He has lots more growing to do, so I wait as patiently as possible. I thought of starting a new countdown--to 37 weeks instead of 40...that takes 21 days off the ticker and seems much less emotionally...so here's to 63 days to go!
No comments:
Post a Comment