Yesterday was an appt with Dr. Tracy...I had my 3 pages of BP readings and she was happy with the numbers. Today, I'll find out the results of the sugar test for gestational diabetes and the PIH panel...the labs to see if I'm developing pre-eclampsia. Dr. Tracy was all smiles and said that she doesn't think I'll be getting pre-eclampsia in the next few weeks. YIPPEE, things are stable....if I can't be "normal", I'll settle for stable.
Dr. Tracy said that I could slowly increase my activity and monitor my BP...& to call in if it reaches 160/100 (scary numbers for me) and she will increase the labetalol. This is a N=1 non-randomized study to see if I "may" be able to get back to work during the pregnancy. I love all the advice that I'm getting (really) and no one wants to hear about me coming back to work anytime soon. After 10 years of waiting and hoping and over 40K of hard-earned money spent, don't worry, I won't come back unless my BP is normal & it's 100% safe!
Next appointment will be in 2 weeks, 9/21 and we'll have another growth ultrasound then. Mr. Jack is measuring big right now and for some reason, has kept me up over an hour during the night for the past 2 nights. I tell him that it's night time but even as a fetus, he has a mind of his own. I can't complain, it's what I've waited for and I can sleep late if I want to!
No comments:
Post a Comment