- I'm cooking Quaker oats almost every morning for breakfast and eating it with fresh sliced peaches. The cooking is one new thing..before, when I ate instant oatmeal, I was always busy doing something while I ate. Now, I'm enjoying the taste of real oats and I've learned how to recognize a ripe peach by the feel/smell of it.
- Since we're talking about cooking...using Mr. Tarheel's mother's cookbook, I made homemade baked macaroni and cheese. Suffice it to say, my cooking needs more work and the dish needs salt in it. I get an A for effort.
- I'm reading 2 books at once...now you may ask, Why? They are Charles Dickens' Bleak House and Anthony Bourdain's Kitchen Confidential. Both excellent but very different books and going back & forth during the day helps keep me reading, thus, passing more time.
- Crocheting Jack's Baby Blanket...now any of you who have seen my crocheting will be impressed that I actually have straight rows that are the same length...I've come a long way. Mr. Tarheel picked out the yarn & it's a nice dark red.
- Cow watching: Big Red, the bull came over for his yearly visit. Previously, I felt like the bull was in control, but now that I can recognize the nuances of bovine mating behavior, I know that the lady cows are 100% in control! Winston, our steer, developed a limp and wheezing...when the vet came over, he diagnosed hoof rot and pneumonia. Winston had to be sedated for his treatment and as a sitting by-stander, I'm glad that I work in a more controlled, clean environment!
- Sleeping: Both high BP and labetalol make me sleepy, so at least one nap is necessary every day. I needed a morning and an afternoon nap until I slowly trained myself not to wake up at 0500 anymore. I've never been a late sleeper, but I've actually slept until 0800 a few times!
- Watching TV & movies: Now, I'm interested in the weather, watching the weather, talking about the weather, and realizing that the forecast is their educated guess and I need to get a life if I'm telling people how the forecast was wrong for over half of last week. Watching the Mariners is difficult when they're losing...but I still turn it back during the commercials of whatever I move on to watch. I have UNC basketball games recorded from last season and I watch my Heels sometimes...only a little over 2 months until the new season starts! A new favorite show is Ninja Warrior...a Japanese obstacle course show with sub-titles.
- Talking & emailing to lots of family & friends who are helping me pass this time...growing Jack!
Here contains glimpses of my life (especially Jack, the 8 year old) and obsession with UNC Tarheel basketball!
Tuesday, September 04, 2007
Ways to Pass Time
I'll bet some of you are wondering what am I doing with all this free time. I do wish that I had one of these lazy days in the middle of my former hectic life instead of under these circumstances....but here is a list of some of the highlights of my days:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment