Here contains glimpses of my life (especially Jack, the 8 year old) and obsession with UNC Tarheel basketball!



Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Another Circle Around the Sun


Wow, another circle around the sun has been completed for Tarheel 88. Yes, 9/7/07 was my 41st birthday--a little anti-climatic after last year! Have you ever noticed that when someone is in their 30's, they are still likely to tell you their upcoming age when they talk about their birthday? It becomes less likely as you progress in your 40's, I think.




Mr. Tarheel made sure I had my favorite cake--carrot cake from Black Diamond Bakery...here I am, blowing out my 1 instead of 41 candles! I didn't want to create a fire hazard...Notice the beautiful flowers in the background...sent to me from the best NNPs in the world--Kim, Deb, Heather, Alison, Sandy, Cheryl, Susanne, and Traci.


It was a celebration also to learn that my PIH panel and gestational diabetes tests were normal. Now, the call from Devin, Dr. Tracy's assistant, goes like this...



Ring, Ring..



Tarheel88: hello



Devin: Hi, your labs are normal...Dr. Tracy says keep up the good work and see you on the 21st.



Tarheel88: Now, what was my glucose?



Devin: 100--we like it to be under 140.



Tarheel88: Wow, pancreas of steel! Now what was my creatinine? GFR? Uric Acid? Hct?



Devin: 0.6, >60, 4.6, 36%...all normal. Would you like me to fax you the results?



Tarheel88: No, that's OK, you said they were all completely normal? Did any of them change from last time? I mean, you know how they can still be normal but getting worse....but still officially in the normal range?



Devin: YES, all were COMPLETELY NORMAL--in the NORMAL RANGE (emphasis added)!



I must get her some chocolate before this is over!








No comments: