Yesterday, we went for our ultrasound and appt with Dr. Tracy. Mr. Tarheel noted that I wasn't the least bit nervous this time (a first). I guessed Jack would weigh about 1100 grams--but his estimated weight is 1335 grams/2lb-15oz (81st%) and head circumference is 25.8cm(55%)! Mr. Tarheel (with a smirk on his face) said that we could have a 10 pound baby...but on the growth charts, this percentile at 40 weeks equals an 8lb baby (OK, bigger than my dream of 7lbs, but still OK)! In every category, we were put in the "normal" range with a comment of "borderline greater than expected growth since 8/24". I guess Jack did obey his mother and grow as fast as he could!
I shifted into "OCD pregnancy mode" as we walked over to the OB appt. After chit chatting with Mr. Tarheel, Tracy set me at ease by checking out all my concerns. First, she agreed that with mild activity, my BP was getting too high. I wanted to increase my daytime Labetalol dose and keep the same night time dose--so she agreed and let me feel in control! I was feeling cervical pressure over the last few days, so she checked that out and it was normal. She told me to start relaxing because Jack was going to survive but he was still a "big, wimpy, white boy"....this she had to interpret for Mr. Tarheel...he had never heard of big white baby boys not wanting to breath or eat like others their size/age. We all laughed & I was calm when I left the office. Now, that's a good visit--when you can leave calm!
Today is 27 weeks! Today's outcome data is 94% survival, with 85% without severe sequela! This week the survival % goes up 0.4% daily and the "without severe sequela" % goes up 1.5% daily....As these numbers improve, I do start to hope for more...to go home with us, no feeding problems...I'm feeling greedy!
No comments:
Post a Comment