Here contains glimpses of my life (especially Jack, the 8 year old) and obsession with UNC Tarheel basketball!



Friday, January 25, 2008

Back Home


Here's Jack, getting a good night kiss from his Nannie Maxine, my Mom. We had great flights (no, he didn't cry and believe me, a toddler is a more difficult traveler...trust me, I sat around a few of them..they had all the children cohorted in the back of the plane).
It was so wonderful to have all of my family meet Jack and get to know him. It's so sad to think about how far away we live. I realized that one day, someone will ask Jack...where are you from? He will say...the Pacific Northwest and my Mom is from North Kakalacky (Carolina, to you non-Southerners) and my Dad is from California....
I realized he isn't going to be from my beloved North Carolina.
And my beloved North Carolina Tarheels took a fall (at home, not less) to those nasty Terps...I believe it was because Master Jack wasn't watching the game...he was out with his Mom and Aunt Robin and Aunt April getting pedicures and out to a wonderful dinner...at Myrtle Beach ,SC. Yes, he's been to his first beach...but this was a cold, winter beach....
Thanks for holding me Uncle Kerry!
On Monday, he will go to his first warm, sunny beach....Kona, Hawaii.
Yes, he's a world traveler in his first weeks of life.

No comments: