Here contains glimpses of my life (especially Jack, the 8 year old) and obsession with UNC Tarheel basketball!



Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Where I Came From

Jack, Tarheel88, & Great Nannie

Do any of you realize that almost every day of my Northwest life, someone asks me where I'm from and how long have I lived here? It's such an expected thing now, that 99.99% of the time, it really doesn't bother me. Being Southern in a foreign land has it's disadvantages. Everyone else talks funny. You have to make your own sweet tea at home (you CANNOT sweeten cold tea) and you are the minority when it comes to having the life-long disease of Tarheel basketball mania. Can you believe that I have to seek out other Tarheel fans?

You know, that deep, deep in my soul is the love of my Tarheel basketball team. I'm getting so excited b/c there's fall in the air and my boys will be playing very, very soon. And guess what? UNC is the UNANIMOUS #1 in both the Coaches' & the AP poll. This is the first time since the AP poll started in 1981...check it out

http://tarheelblue.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/110108aac.html

Get ready, cause here they come!

No comments: