Here contains glimpses of my life (especially Jack, the 8 year old) and obsession with UNC Tarheel basketball!



Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Gift 10--Friendship

Friendship will blossom if it's tended!  

A very smart 90 year old man, Chris' grandpa Jack C. Fletcher came to visit us in WA years ago.  It was his first flight, yes, in his life.  The pilot was so impressed that he announced it was his first flight, at age 90, & all the passengers clapped.  He proudly wore the wing pin gift.   I, being the worrier, felt empathy that he didn't have any friends (left).  I asked him about it.  He said they were all gone & it was OK with him.  I now know what he meant--- it's harder to make friends as you grow older.  

I have a new friend, Ginger.  She has a daughter, Riley, who is a week older than Jack.  We have a lot in common & our time together is fun for us & the kids.  We went on a hike together on one of the last hot days---here's Jack & Riley with Mt Rainier in the background. Fun times!

Jack & Riley

No comments: