So, now we are up to gift 8. My Mom has taken up golf, so I ordered her a sand wedge. It took some background work of asking my good friend Karen to ask her Dad about the right degree angle for a beginner. My Mom has kept herself learning a variety of new things over the years & even taking classes in many of them. She has done karate (once giving my Dad a black eye in class), clowning (yes, becoming a clown), crocheting, & now golfing. One of the many reasons why I love her-- she's awesome!
Here contains glimpses of my life (especially Jack, the 8 year old) and obsession with UNC Tarheel basketball!
Wednesday, September 11, 2013
Gift 8--Lifelong Learner
Maybe this won't be part 2 after all. But I will put in a snippet. Driving home on my birthday, I received a call from my dear Aunt Linda. Now, she was my Mom's 15 year old sister when I was born. She loves to talk about the good old days when I was her baby doll! She's a very special lady in so ways. It is legend that when one of her home health care patients died, she found out that he didn't have any proper burial clothes. So she went home to get one of her ex-husbands suits. Her laugh could be marketed as a treatment for depression! I love her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment