On my actual birthday, the 7th, I worked a short shift. A short shift is 10 hours. I know that sounds funny, but the long shifts are 25. A short shift means no matter what happens, you will be home to sleep in your bed that night. I smile on my way into short shifts.
I took my own cake to share with everyone. About 4pm, we have hot tea (high tea, it's called when you are so close to Canada). We usually have treats of some sort and everyone brings something every now and again & it usually works out that we have something every day. I brought a red velvet cake from Costco. So no, I didn't assemble my own cake:)
Some of my friends had gone & got a card & had everyone sign it. Plus they gave me flowers and a mini bottle of Jack Daniels. It was very sweet and made me feel special. Shout out to KVW (she will know, if she ever reads this) that it was SO nice.
I came home and opened my presents, with Jack's help of course. Chris & Jack had gone shopping while I was at work and presented me with a bag full of Vera Bradley---it was an entire ensemble. But, I had to ask forgiveness (from Chris, not Jack) for lying that I liked it. I like Vera Bradley, but I wanted a different type of a purse and a different design. Jack picked this one out "because it had Carolina blue" in it. But it looks like a spring pattern and I wanted something fall/winter-ish.
There's so much more to talk about, but those of you who know me well, know that I struggle with flight of ideas. I can talk about multiple topics, interspersed in the same conversation. So now, I've moved on in my mind to the day that I was born. I want to have my Mom tell me more about that day but I know that she was 19 years old & my Dad was in Vietnam on an aircraft carrier. She was living with her parents, brother, & sister at the time. I had so many people who loved me & boy, did I feel loved growing up!
More to come in part 2!

No comments:
Post a Comment