Today is labor day & I am so excited to be off work! We are having Chris' parents, Aunt Joan, & cousins Cindy & Amy (Cindy's daughter) over for dinner. Joan, Cindy, & Amy live in eastern WA but we haven't seen them very often in the last year. Aunt Joan is Chris' Mom's sister and they had a very special bond since growing up in CA but haven't lived very close together in miles for the last 50 years!
Sometimes, our twilight years turn out differently than we were hoping. Aunt Joan's beloved husband, Uncle Scotty, passed away a few years ago and now she has progressive memory problems. But love is love, whether you remember all the details or not. And boy, do Loretta & Joan love each other!
I've decided to take a supportive role during the visit. Not a Martha Stewart role because, as usual, Chris will be doing his regular--cooking an awesome dinner. I'll be the dishwasher, drinkfetcher, Jack entertainer, and keep an open eye for anything else that's needed. Yes, today, my gift will be quiet hospitality. Well maybe not so quiet--I love to talk!
| Sister love---Joan & Loretta |
No comments:
Post a Comment